Butterworths Securities and Financial Services Law Handbook 2021
Published: June 2021
Publisher: LexisNexis Butterworths
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Paperback, 2 Volumes
This annual handbook brings together the primary, secondary and European legislation which forms the regulatory framework for the financial services industry.
The most comprehensive curation of consolidated UK legislative material on the market, this Handbook contains fully updated versions of FSMA 2000, the Financial Services Act 2021, together with the most important statutory instruments made under those Acts and a wide-ranging selection of other primary and secondary legislation. The Handbook now includes amendments made by the:
- Financial Services (Miscellaneous Amendments) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020
- Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020
- Equivalence Determinations for Financial Services (Amendment etc) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020
- Over the Counter Derivatives, Central Counterparties and Trade Repositories (Amendment, etc, and Transitional Provision) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020
- Securities Financing Transactions, Securitisation and Miscellaneous Amendments (EU Exit) Regulations 2020
- Financial Holding Companies (Approval etc) and Capital Requirements (Capital Buffers and Macro-prudential Measures) (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020, and
- Central Counterparties (Equivalence) Regulations 2020
The Handbook also includes the new 2020 and 2021 Binding Technical Standards instruments made by the FCA, PRA and BofE amending Retained EU legislation following the end of the transition period.
Other UK legislation of note included are:
- Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) Order 2021
- Bearer Certificates (Collective Investment Schemes) Regulations 2020
- Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Regulated Activities) (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Order 2020
- Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020
The Handbook continues to provide comprehensive coverage of selected EU legislation including:
- The 2020 Taxonomy Regulation
- The 2021 CCP Recovery & Resolution Regulation
- New EMIR regulatory technical standards regarding central counterparties
It includes copious notes on the legislative history of both primary and secondary legislation and an extended Preface outlining the current framework for financial services law in the UK.
A key text for all lawyers and compliance professionals in this field.