A User's Guide to Data Protection 2nd ed (eBook)
Published: June 2016
Publisher: Bloomsbury Professional
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Out of print
The amount of VAT charged may change depending on your location of use.
Once the order is confirmed an automated e-mail will be sent to you to allow you to download the eBook.
All eBooks are supplied firm sale and cannot be returned. If you believe there is a fault with your eBook
then contact us on
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help in resolving the issue. This does
not affect your statutory rights.
This eBook is available in the following formats: ePub.
Need help with ebook formats?
This new title in the comprehensive and established User's Guide to… series covers all the compliance issues that organisations need to be aware of in order to successfully comply with the UK data protection rules and regulations, along with a full assessment of the EU Data Protection Regulations and their impact on UK practice.
Since the previous edition there have been a number of significant developments such as:
A User's Guide to Data Protection
- Increasing uses, data collections and business models surrounding personal data
- The impact of the EU Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Enhanced rights and obligations
- Fines of up to 2% of worldwide turnover
- Significant case law including: Google spain case; The Schrems case; Blocking and UK High Court case; Vidal case; Snowden case
- Increasing litigation and cases regarding data protection and damages
- Increasing levels of fines from the Information Commissioner and in an increasing variety of breach circumstances with directors as well as companies being fined by the Information Commissioner
- Individuals, including private investigators, being prosecuted for DP offences
, 2nd edition, is a practical and comprehensive analysis of current law and procedure which is presented in a clear and accessible reference style.