Wilkinson's Road Traffic Offences 29ed with 2nd Supplement
Published: May 2020
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Wilkinson's Road Traffic Offences is published every two years and each edition is updated with two supplements.
The 29th edition was published in September 2019, and the 1st Supplement was published in May 2020 to bring the 29th edition up-to-date to 1 April 2020. The 2nd Supplement should publish in December 2020, and will replace the 1st Supplement.
Wilkinson’s Road Traffic Offences covers all the criminal offences linked to motoring, including speeding, drink driving, dangerous driving, insurance violations, license violations, offences concerning the condition of vehicles, etc.
In addition to commentary relating to this range of offences, the title also includes definitions of motoring terms and court procedural information and instructions to guide practitioners through this area of the law from both a prosecution and defense perspective.
- Sets out the basic principles and clarifies key terms, covering specific offences chapter-by-chapter ensuring relevant information is easy to find;
- Renowned and authoritative author team led by General Editor Kevin McCormac;
- Sets out the implications of recent legislative and case law developments;
- Advises on everything from the everyday to the esoteric;
- One stop shop for road traffic lawyers, providing up-to-date and authoritative answers.
- Brings the main work up to date to August 1, 2019 including legislation resulting from the proposed exit from the EU.
- Detailed coverage of the important decisions in R. (on the application of Poskitt) v Reading Magistrates’ Court  and Platinum Crown Investments Ltd v North East Essex Magistrates’ Court  in relation to the power of the appeal courts in relation to interlocutory rulings in a magistrates’ court.
- Analysis of the cases where the UK courts have considered the compatibility of legislation relating to insurance of motor vehicles with EU Directives: RoadPeace v Secretary of State for Transport , R&S
- Pilling (t/a Phoenix Engineering) v UK Insurance Ltd , Lewis v Tinsdale and others , Vnuk v Zavarovalnica Triglav dd , Fundo de Garantia Automovel v Juliana (C-80/17, EU:C:2018:661) and the decision of the Supreme Court in Cameron v Liverpool Victoria Insurance Co Ltd .?
- Coverage of important decisions relating to the powers associated with the laying of informations and changes to their content Begum v Luton B.C.  (laying of informations); R. v Woodward  (significance of distinction between investigating and prosecuting for purpose of time limits); Platinum
- Crown Investments Ltd. v North East Essex Magistrates’ Court  and Dougall v CPS  (approach to amendment of informations).
- Detailed coverage of the important decisions in R. (on the application of DPP) v Sunderland Magistrates’ Court  and R (Parashar) v Sunderland Magistrates’ Court and CPS  (judicial review of decisions where it is alleged there had been a material mistake as to fact leading to unfairness).