English Legal System 5th ed
Published: May 2022
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Country of Publication: UK
How does the English legal system work? How does it affect everyday life? How well does it achieve its aims?
Addressing these questions and more, English Legal System provides students with the fundamental knowledge they need to approach the subject with confidence. Packed with questions, case studies and examples, this book takes students on a journey, inviting them to read, understand, see the law in practice, and then think for themselves.
The strongest foundation for students at the start of their study of law; this is a clear, complete, and contextualized account of the English legal system and an essential guide.
- Covers a wide range of topics without overwhelming students with detail, allowing students to feel confident in their understanding of the essentials
- An introductory chapter provides valuable advice on studying the English legal system and making the transition from school to university, helping students to adapt quickly to their new studies
- Carefully designed learning features enable the student to consider a thought provoking or controversial topic, and form their own views on potential areas of reform, giving them a good grounding for the rest of their studies
- Examples throughout the text put the law in its everyday context and show students the practical implications of the concepts they study
- Also available as an ebook enhanced with self-assessment activities and multi-media content to offer a fully immersive experience and extra learning support
New to this Edition:
- Updated talking points and new author videos
- Update on reform to legal aid
- Update on new routes to qualification for barristers and solicitors
- Updates on the legal implications of 'Brexit'
- Proposals in the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill