Essentials of United States Taxation
Published: July 1999
Publisher: Kluwer Law International
Country of Publication: The Netherlands
Despatched in 7 to 9 days.
Where there's trade, there's taxation. And more often than not these days, that means United States taxation. This book clearly explains basic structural features and accounting issues, corporate and partnership taxation, and the rules governing international transactions, both inbound and outbound.
It provides concise answers to such questions as:-
- what is the US tax treatment of mergers and acqusitions?;
- how are joint ventures and other hybrid entities taxed in the United States?;
- how does the US foreign tax credit work?;
- what are the most tax-beneficial ways to form a business in the United States?;
- and how can special profit and loss allocations under US partnership law be used in international transactions?
It helps to provide a clear ""picture"" of the US tax system, yet the book is also of great value as a quick reference when a US tax problem needs to be solved.