Housing Law Casebook 7th ed
Published: June 2017
Publisher: Legal Action Group
Country of Publication: UK
Housing Law Casebook contains hundreds of case summaries organised by subject, with subdivisions within each area of housing law.
Extensive cross-referencing, tables and indexing enable busy practitioners to identify and navigate the relevant cases quickly and efficiently. This seventh edition has been re-structured, and the chapters re-ordered, to make it even easier to find relevant cases.
This edition is up to date to include the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and the effects of the Care Act 2014 and Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 and covers:
Housing Law Casebook
- housing and human rights
- tenancies and licenses at common law
- security of tenure: requirements, exceptions, variation and succession
- possession claims: grounds, notices, types of tenancies, procedure
- rights and obligations of all tenants: injunctions, committal, disrepair, nuisance, harassment and unlawful eviction
- owner occupiers: long leases and mortgage possession proceedings
- allocations and homelessness
- housing outside the Housing Acts
is essential reading for barristers, solicitors, voluntary sector advisers, housing managers, Homeless Persons Unit officers and students.