Employment Law in Scotland 2nd ed
Published: February 2015
Publisher: Bloomsbury Professional
Country of Publication: Scotland
Employment Law in Scotland, 2nd edition is an essential one stop source of information for practitioners working in this complex area of law.
The authors have brought together in a single comprehensive guide all the areas of employment and labour law that are relevant to the parties involved in the employment relationship.
It explains the law of employment as it applies to Scotland and details the differences in both the law itself and in its interpretation between Scotland and the rest of the UK.
Each area of employment is considered in depth and includes reference to relevant primary and secondary research materials in the UK and further afield.
Written in an accessible style, the second edition of this text has been updated to include:
- Changes to TUPE Regulations 2006 brought in through Collective Redundancies and Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) (Amendment) Regulations 2014.
- Various changes to the Equality Act 2010 including repeal of third party harassment rights and the abolition of equality questionnaires.
- Extension of flexible working to all employees and other changes to maternity and paternity leave.
- Changes to collective redundancy rights and unfair dismissal.
- Changes to tribunal procedures most notably the introduction of the fee requirement, imposition of financial penalties on employers who lose a tribunal case, requirements regarding conciliation, the use of one judge panels in unfair dismissal cases and the composition of the Employment Appeal Tribunal.