Corporate Liability: Work Related Deaths and Criminal Prosecutions 3rd ed
Published: February 2014
Publisher: Bloomsbury Professional
Country of Publication: UK
The Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007, has created a new offence of corporate manslaughter. This new edition of Corporate Liability: Work Related Deaths and Criminal Prosecutions is the only book to provide, in a single source, an expert guide to general procedure and practice surrounding this topic.
The new edition of this key text on corporate manslaughter brings you right up to date following a number of developments since publication of the last edition including new chapters on:
Sports law; Managing the media; Emergency services; Far East/China; Nuclear and power regeneration.
The new edition will focus on significant recent statutory changes, case law of potentially wider relevance and international developments including:-
- The cases of Cotswold Geotechnical (Holdings) Ltd ; Baker v Quantum Clothing Group 
Vieola Ltd and Tangerine Confectionary Ltd - CofA judgment awaited; Bodycote Hip 
- Statuary interpretation of and cases brought under the Corporate Manslaughter and Culpable Homicide Act 2007
- Rule 43 reporting by coroners after inquests
- Global developments include: Introduction of two new offences by Ireland on corporate manslaughter and grossly negligent management causing death; Intended introduction of corporate manslaughter legislation in Gibraltar
- Australian implementation of the Safe Work Act 2009.
All these recent developments provide both new opportunities for increased safety and well being in the workplace and potential pitfalls for organisations.