Partnership Law 6th ed
To be Published: May 2020
Publisher: Bloomsbury Professional
Country of Publication: UK
Partnership Law, 6th edition provides up to date answers to all questions which can arise on the formation, operation and dissolution of such partnerships and which can arise in disputes between parties, ex-partners and outsiders.
Fully revised and updated this new edition will include coverage of:
- The introduction of the Private Fund Limited Partnership (PFLP) in 2017
- Application of discrimination law in the context of partnerships/LLPs: Seldon v Clarkson, Wright and Jakes; Tiffin v Lester Aldridge LLP; Bates v van Winklehof
- Interpretation of partnership agreements, what amount to partnership assets and how they should be valued, in the context of the retirement or buy-out of a former partner: Drake v Harvey; Ham v Ham; Ham v Bell
- The role, if any, of the doctrine of repudiation in the context of partnerships (Golstein v Bishop) and LLPs (Flanagan v Liontrust Management LLP)
- What nature of “business” may constitute a partnership (Bhatti v HMRC)
- Impact of changes made to the insolvency regime (including the Insolvency Rules 2016) on insolvency of partnerships and LLPs
Written specifically with the practitioner in mind, Partnership Law
is the 'go to' text for any practitioner working in this complex area of law.