Brown & Marriott's ADR Principles and Practice 4th ed
Published: August 2018
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Brown & Marriott's ADR Principles and Practice is the classic reference work in the UK and internationally on alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
It covers the theory, principles and practice of ADR processes, explaining the various models of practice and negotiation frequently used in ADR, including adjudication, arbitration and evaluation. Truly international in scope, it looks at the UK and Europe as well as jurisdictions such as the US, Canada, Australia, China and Singapore, the Indian sub-continent, Africa and South America where ADR practice is developing.
- Provides encyclopaedic reference on all aspects of ADR
- Covers strategy and principles as well as the detail of practice
- Explores the wide range of issues involved in ADR, such as privilege, court-related practice, ethics and confidentiality
- Examines the main fields of dispute where ADR is used, including civil-commercial, family and divorce,
employment and labour, neighbourhood/community, environmental and public policy issues, and victim-offender
- Features an extensive set of precedents
- Considers online and telephone mediation, and the use of technologies such as video-conferencing
- Looks at the psychology of dispute resolution
- Discusses working with high conflict parties
- Provides extensive references, case law, bibliography and links